Saturday, February 11, 2012

A new rule

I thought our time together went very well last night. I really enjoyed getting to know the group better. I can still taste the garlic from Patricia’s amazing salad dressing. It's a good thing I love garlic!!! I had one small problem. Everyone but Stephen came late. And because we are such a social group you wanted to stay around the dinner table (not a bad thing). And so I felt a little "rushed" when we got to the worship & Bible study time. We still ended on time. It all went well. But I have a new group rule. Dinner starts at 7pm and ends at 8pm. I understand how crazy Friday night can get. If you come late I'm not going to say anything. It's OK if you come late! I don't want to stress you all out. But dinner is only until 8pm. If you come late, you can bring a plate of food into the living room. I want us to have the full time for worship, Bible study and prayer. After the study you can stay and talk until midnight. I will probably kick you out after midnight. But I want to respect your time. If your tired, I want you to know the whole thing is "officially over" at 9:30pm. Maybe Paul can bake us one of his famous cakes. We can eat it after the study? I love that you all are so social. But I feel like it's my job to keep things moving! So dinner starts at 7pm and goes until 8pm. Then we start worship at 8, OK? Leave a comment and let me know if this rule is OK with you.

1 comment: